SMM 20.0% 0.4¢ somerset minerals limited

Also, by my understanding, the price of copper is leveraged into...

1. 487 Posts.
    Also, by my understanding, the price of copper is leveraged into many of the same things as TMR's production cost is, with 40% of CU being produced in Chile. Hence it is no coincidence the increase in TMR's production costs coincides with the rise in the price of copper. It seems illogical to me to assume copper prices ($2) could reduce that much without TMR's costs not reducing somewhat proportionally.

Those that are bearish on copper prices should also be bearish on TMR's cost prices... er... bearish in the reducing sense.

Personally, I am very bullish on copper prices myself like the other posters.

I don't understand why every analysts report I have read have demand increasing at a much greater rate than supply, with supply actually predicted to reduce in several years time, yet still believe CU prices will still drop so dramatically.

Also, as far as I can tell, you factor the increase in costs due to either the cost increases in Chile or the lower grade ores. If it is the former, if the price has risen, and the costs have risen proportionally (actually TMR is still well up on the equation), why not factor in both rather than only the negatives?

If I buy an apple for 1.10 and sell it for 2.10, isn't this the same as buying an apple for 1.00 and selling it for 2.00? (except more weighted in TMR's favour)

It seems like this market only ever factors in the negatives re:TMR and never the positives, even when they are inversely proportional! (any breath of a mention of IO or coal in a share however...)

If it is the latter, have some faith, it is only one quarter from a general average of 1.5%.

Personally, after reading Paul100's post, reading the report more thoroughly and doing my own calculations, I am with Paul. The ore grade is the primary reason we didn't receive the reduction in costs we were hoping for. Hopefully when these improve as indicated by management, they will achieve the cost prices they are after.

I am new to share trading as mentioned previously, it just seems unfathomable to me how fickle this market is. It's as if the shareprice was based on the company's performance in a quarter alone.

What, Lebron James only scored 10 points last game? Offload him quick!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.