HIO 0.00% 2.1¢ hawsons iron ltd

Is HIO a trading or long term play?, page-22

1. 201 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 111
    On the subject of "war" with China--how did we get to this??--oh well--its my feeling that the CCP (read mr.xiaoping--if ever a world leader needed a charisma transplant, it's him--personal opinion only , of course...) have ,for the last few years especially, been relentlessly pumping the Chinese people with speeches and daily "news" with the "China good, West is baaaaad" mantra.

I think that, apart from the obvious political&ideology reasons , another reason for this (IMHO) is that, if and when an economic meltdown occurs in China ( I'm reminded of the pics taken in the economic chaos of pre-WW2 Germany of people taking a wheelbarrow full of money to supposedly buy a loaf of of bread) , the masses will be happy to enthusiastically join whatever battles are demanded of them , because their miseries are all the fault of the "West"-aren't they...

As others have said, market forces will (eventually) ensure their anti-oz tactic is likely to backfire as far as commodity prices like IO are concerned, and we HIO holders will "eventually" be rewarded--we just have to stay healthy and live long enoughAs a "substantial" holder, I'm now eyeing my portfolio weighting and birth date relationship with morbid fascination...

HIO is in a difficult position atm , their assets being some mining tenements and a bank account, and all tailwinds gone and replaced by (sentiment) headwinds caused by the plummeting IO price-and , again IMHO, China (CCP) couldn't give a toss about "green" steel..
    Until there is some visible action on site , drilling , infrastructure building etc and substantial off-take agreements in place I believe we are becalmed in the market doldrums, until we can get at least a zephyr of breeze from some kind of positive company announcement, and that ammo box probably cant be opened for many months yet at least, possibly a year..although I'm happy to be proven overly pessimistic on that score ..
    Hold on..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $21.34M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.0¢ 2.1¢ 2.0¢ $5.623K 273.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 1525175 2.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 164745 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.44pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.