tiger1964.I don't believe all of Northbridge is all that bad....

1. 25,520 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    tiger1964.

I don't believe all of Northbridge is all that bad. But a friend from the West,told me on one particular visit, some years ago, that there are parts of Northbridge she wouldn't approach with a forty foot pole. But that is some time ago, so maybe it has changed since that time. Places can change for the better, or sometimes, for the worse.

As a long time supporter of the Bombers it is a very sad day for the Bombers, the players and the game itself.But maybe it's just an indication of the times we live in, as we all discovered with the disgraceful shenanigans, over many years, by Lance Armstrong (although the eventual discovery of his guilt was no a surprise to me).

Thompson IMHO, as the more experienced person. has got off lightly. But then I guess Hird was getting the big bucks, so he has to take the ultimate responsibility!

I heard his counsel, Burnside, say today, that in his opinion, that Hird would have won the case if it had gone to court. But then I guess a legal beagle would say that wouldn't he! I think Hird has taken the wise course, for his own sake, his family's sake, and for the long term benefit of the club, in accepting the AFL's punishment.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.