"The political discussions here are devoid of reason and are...

1. 36,517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

"The political discussions here are devoid of reason and are based mostly on 'gang mentality'"

Politics, policies, and the selling of political ideas, are a group efforts. Politicians work in "gangs" to disseminate their views of the world. We do have unaligned individuals contributing their views and ideas to the political process, but at the end of the day, theirs often are just some ocean tides just for some moments in time.

There can be reasons and logic in gang discussions.

I personally do not see anything wrong with that.

What I do see very wrong in this Politics Forum is the hatred shown by the conservatives towards those who do not share their view of the world, their refusal to accept the verdict of the people in a democracy cast in the 2007 and 2010 elections. Some of the violent languages and tones used by the conservatives here are a real concern.

If you go back far enough, you will find messages posted by a few right wingers here talking about violence against people who were opposed to their political ideology, there was one poster who openly admitted he admired the Fiji Model and we all know Fiji had had several military coups overthrowing elected governments in that country. Even just a few days ago one conservative poster was talking about getting his baseball bat ready.

Now, in my mind, that is what is very "unbalanced" about this Politics Forum.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.