CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

is it a gold mine or copper mine...

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    Or is it both?

Expect some significant grades here.

Copper

We have secondary copper (oxides)...

Given the comment "The recovered drill core supports the documented geological model", then we are potentially looking at high grade malachite, azurite and chrysocolla, as per the previously disclosed references of mineralisation "up to 50% malachite intrusion within the host material". (see below)

Lining this hole up with the adit results, we get about 3-5% Cu confirmed continuation up to some 40m or so below surface. Given the matrix of these breccias is magnetite and they are hitting oxides, we can assume the sulphides (original host), are deeper still?

Quick calcs...

Intersection 20m downhole gives us about 14m true width...some 30m vertical depth (assume 25m either side = planned drill fences spacing) and remebering the breccia zone at surface continues much further...and just this zone alone gives us...

14m (width) x30m (depth) x50m (strike) x3 (sg) = 63,000t

Assume Cu grade = ($9,204/t)

Cu @ 2% = 1260t Cu metal ($11.6m in situ)
    Cu @ 4% = 1260t Cu metal ($23.2m in situ)
    Cu @ 6% = 1260t Cu metal ($34.8m in situ)

Remember, this is effectively a single drill hole for JORC categorisation (one fence = 50m of strike)...and is from a single hole...just one step-back hole that gives us a fence with continuation another 30m below this and we can virtually double our numbers.

But that is not all...

Gold

The bit I really like is "Several flakes of visible gold have been recorded within the saccharoidal quartz."...I suspect we might get some fairly significant gold grades here, probably combined with the Cu mineralisation, as well as in its pure form in these vienlets or indeed "flakes" within the saccharoidal quartz. (see below)

This is the photo of the visible gold revealed when the drill pads were cleared...importantly, it was at surface!

We now have confirmation of similar visible gold some 30m below surface, in similar "saccharoidal quartz"...as such we in effect get confirmation of likely continuation over at least this distance.

Quick calcs...

Intersection 20m downhole gives us about 14m true width...some 30m vertical depth (assume 25m either side = planned drill fences spacing) and remebering the breccia zone at surface continues much further...and just this zone alone gives us...

14m (width) x30m (depth) x50m (strike) x3 (sg) = 63,000t

Assume gold grade =

5g/t = 11,250 ounces gold ($11.7m in situ)
    10g/t = 22,500 ounces gold ($23.5m in situ)
    15g/t = 33,750 ounces gold ($35.3m in situ)
    20g/t = 45,000 ounces gold ($47.1m in situ)
    25g/t = 56,250 ounces gold ($58.9m in situ)

Again, we need to remember this is effectively a single drill hole for JORC categorisation (one fence = 50m)...and is from a single hole...just one step-back hole that gives us continuation another 30m below this and we van virtually double our numbers.

This is for each and every line of drill fences!

Continuation of a few more zones like this and it could well be the gold dominates the value here...and the copper becomes secondary?

I am actually thinking we will get the odd bonaza zone here...certainly any interesection through material as per the gold phot above would lead to bonaza grades over such mineralised zones.

If it does in fact run from surface to current depths...and even deeper, then the results may well surprise everyone.

We will have to wait for the assays however.

lol...how many tmes have we seen this...the market gets a little clue from a "visual" of the core and soes nothing...then when the assays come out they buy it up as if the first announcement was never made.

Bought more...and looking forward to the market cathing on.

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.