BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

is it calimmune sending blt ballistic, page-14

1. 1,308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    Love your optimism Coolstocks.

"Gilead will need our tt-034 they wont be able to survive without it".

HCV is only one of Gilead's treatement arms, and Gilead will survive even if Sofosbuvir goes belly up. This is unlikely though as sofosbuvir cures HCV and has much reduced side effects over its predessors (see Tice et al 2014, although it still has problems with Genotype 3. More importantly Sofosbuvir is here now and thus is has a 4 - 5 year head start over BLT's TT-O24. It also seems likely that sofosbuvir will be the drug against which other treatments, including TT-024, will be compared for efficacy . I suspect, but I do not know, that Gileads main threat will come from generic versions of Sofosbuvir manufactured in China and India.

From the above I do not think that BLT are a target of Gilead just yet. It may come but my gut feeling is that BLT will either have a JV with Pfizer or will be floated off as an IPO, as disccused by Hoyland, long before then.

As an aside the press BLT's press release of 18 Feb says that treatment of the first cohort will begin early to mid March. It's nearly mid March now, so the next few days will be quite interesting.

Not investment advice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.