BHP 0.89% $41.19 bhp group limited

Fundamentals for this company haven't changed one little bit....

1. 309 Posts.
    Fundamentals for this company haven't changed one little bit. What has changed is a whole lot of people
    (fund managers included) deciding that their word is gospel, and that base metals will start falling. This is rubbish, demand for metals will increase considerably in 2007, copper included. Have a look at the Chinese copper purchasing data for November - it has just started. The de-stocking event that rocked the price down 20% from its 2006 highs is well and truly over. Its catch up time. The current LME supplies are an allusion. Best buying oportunity on the market - watch it rise to $30 and further in January. BHP can make you a very quick 20% if you get in at these levels. Bugger all downside, not going lower than $23.50 anytime, ever! Market cap will be well over $100b soon - look at their next quarterly, look at oil revenue in 2007, look at the uranium price, revenue, and reserves, and their production upstarts, look at the size of this company's exploration program, and size of reserve upgrades coming on stream. You people thinking that the price will go anywhere near the low 20s have rocks in your head. 2007 is likely to be the best growth year ever for BHP.

In case you didn't guess it, I hold. You'd be mad not to. Have a look at the world's largest companies that have ever held a monopoly or duopoly on industries that have had massive demand and check their charts during a 10 year period where that demand was at its greatest. On the BHP chart, the start of the height of demand is 2000. This is a $50 stock in 2010. That's 100% in 3 years, 33% a year. The best thing about this demand cycle is that it isn't running out of steam in 10 years. I know where I want the bulk of my money.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$41.19
Change
-0.370(0.89%)
Mkt cap ! $208.8B
Open High Low Value Volume
$41.38 $41.53 $41.15 $305.6M 7.403M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 802 $41.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$41.25 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.