XJO 0.67% 8,150.0 s&p/asx 200

is it forming an ugly head and shoulders, page-86

1. 23,162 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 827
    A good question Robbbbb.

I did a bit of hunting aorund to see if I could find an answer to why have log charts.
    The best answer I could find is that insto's use log charts so if you want to run with the crowd then best to look at the same chart they are looking at. Not sure how true this is as TA Traders/authors etc some of who are ex instos use linear.
    Took me a bit to get my head around the fact that trend lines (over a decent distance)can show basic direction the same but the hitting points of price can vary a fair bit.
    A linear price scale is plotted on the side of the chart so that there is an equal distance between the prices, and each unit change on the chart is represented by the same vertical distance on the scale, regardless of what price level the asset is at when the change occurs. By contrast, a logarithmic price scale is plotted so that the prices in the scale are not positioned equidistantly; instead, the scale is plotted in such a way that two equal percent changes are plotted as the same vertical distance on the scale.

Summary from Incredible charts
    http://www.incrediblecharts.com/technical/trendlines.php

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.