RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

is it game on???, page-26

1. 478 Posts.
    The scenario would be onshore Puntland results out (whether successful or not, I would not be bothered, the main thing is that there'd no longer be the 'potential' of a big drop), coupled with some evidence that things are getting going in Trinidad. That could be the water flood program started, a decent set of flow rates in the next couple of updates, a Herrera spud...just something tangible that shows progress is being made.

Note that it would not be enough for Landau to come out and say 'well, in the future we plan to do this, this and this'- in my view it's moved past the point where mere words can suffice, I'll need to see some action before investing again.

And Dante941, you mean 'if' the price is sky high of course, not when. And no one gets it right all the time- it's about getting it right more often than you get it wrong, or at least making more money when you're right than you lose when you get it wrong. And like I say- there's always other opportunities out there, it's not like Range is the only exploration/production company with big prospects. They ALL have big prospects on paper, it's just a case of picking the ones that have a good chance of fulfilling their potential.

If it makes you feel any better, I've already missed out on a pretty good opportunity this year with regard to Range. From November 2010 to April 2011, I bought at 6p, and sold at 16p. A pretty good rate of return (though I didn't get anywhere near the 24p top).

A similar trade could have been made this year (6.5p to 16p) from December-March, but I got nowhere near that one. Bought in too early at 9.4p and sold too early at 11.9p.

But I don't beat myself up about it, afterall, opportunities are everywhere and you can't expect to get the top and bottom all the time, or even most of the time. That'll be my attitude if Range goes 'sky high' too- such is life, and if the fundamentals have justified the rise, there'd be nothing stopping me buying back in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.