BBI 0.00% $3.98 babcock & brown infrastructure group

is it goodnight irene, page-4

1. 14,880 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 479
    That's why I'm in the stock. It is obvious the market is pricing it all for failure. BBI, BEPPA, SPARCS... the lot. The market is saying BBI is going into liquidation and there will be three fifths of one quarter of sweet aunty adams left over for equity holders and BBI EPS holders.
    Personally, I cannot see the factual evidence to support the market's view. That's why I am very long the stock, especially BEPPA.
    A gearing ratio of 65% for quality infrastructure assets doesn't seem too bad at all. It's just that we are experiencing a market that is petrified of anything with a lot of debt.
    Therein lies the opportunity. If BBI survive the GFC, those of us who have loaded all bases at give away prices will do very very well. Everyone has different risk tolerance levels.
    Mine is extremely high. It always has been. It's just my makeup. I don't mind taking calculated risks. Whilst I respect money, I also know it's not that important in the big picture so I think that leads me to take extremely aggressive plays in stocks I think the market has got wrong. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. BBI needs to clear some major hurdles. If they can do that, BBI will be re-rated and BEPPA will fly. We can now see how much power BEPPA holders actually have come 2012 if the BBI price is still low. BEPPA holders can actually end up controlling the company.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.