BBI 0.00% $3.98 babcock & brown infrastructure group

is it goodnight irene, page-7

1. 1,307 Posts.
    Not sure about BBI being priced for admin boomer...

When a company is going well in good times they are priced on forward predictions ie you are paying a premium for a future scenario that is actually not an inevitability.

I believe BBI is a company going well stuck in poor market conditions. They are paying down an extra $10M per month of debt on top of interest repayments and running costs. Wish i was doing so well with my mortgage. The main sticking point is the bank Johnies that will put us against the wall if their sums come out @ $1 more to do so than not doing so...

I believe that at this time investors are only looking to pay "fair value" for equities ie a look at "right now returns" first and foremost, and then a look to the future growth potential, but mostly "where are we right now"?

So with BBI at the moment we have the perception of "fair value" being based on the current conditions
    a) no div returns (0c)
    b) gloomy outlook for world growth (0c)
    c) nta in a wrap-up scenario very hard to determine (+?c)
    d) banks, pref holders ahead in the queue if wrap-up (0c)

So not so much "priced for admin" really as "priced for wtf is it actually worth right now?"

Asset sales the key to sentiment on this baby... if we can continue to sell assets at book or above then credibility may start to return (after being smashed by BNB collapse).

I'm also starting to think that a name change is irrelevant now, we are priced on the factors above and have to work our way back from here on the sentiment train...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.