I must admit some of the valuations seems scaryI only 'play'...

1. 3,445 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 244
    I must admit some of the valuations seems scary

I only 'play' with one or two risky stocks at a time

I'm weighted AMP LYC 4DX TWE for takeover/growth opportunities and the good old fashioned MIN BHP RIO WES CBA WBC TLS AMC CBA WBC SHL COL etc etc etc, my two speccie stocks are rooted LKO and WHA

All in my SMSF and a small investment company

I'm in retirement mode so playing it fairly safe but I do trade a lot; made some big mistakes but made some good gains too

To me, there is no such things as a bottom drawer stock anymore; loads of so-called blue chips have gone eg Burns Philp Pacific Dunlop

I think a lot depends on your age, risk eversion and long-term strategy

Look at your porfolio back in March/April and compare it to today; assuming you had a balanced portfolio, you should be doing very well

You can stay clear of stocks with high PE ratios, but of course, if the market shits itself everything goes down; just some more than others

There are many factors to think about like I said, age, risk aversion factor, goals etc etc; if you feel the market is over-valued, sell and see what happens; maybe sell half so if the market tanks you have cash to buy, but if it goes up even more you still have your foot in the door

Just my ramblings and I am not a financial advisor

Regards

GF

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.