Hi jp724 .. you're correct.Recently in Harvey Norman and...

1. 5,822 Posts.
    Hi jp724 .. you're correct.

Recently in Harvey Norman and browsing the electrical dept and came upon their range of microwave ovens .. ours at home is fine and has simple buttons for cook setting (high/med/low etc) and time.

Young blondie in HN slinks in and wants to sell me a new stainless steel MW and keen to show me the features. We look at the control panel and I say I would like to cook at medium for 6 mins .. can you show how we do that ?

Blondie can't do it .. out with instruction manual and 10 mins later we both gave up !! Blondie says " I don't know how to do it but I know it will.." huh ??

Seems today that just about every appliance/tv/recorder/pc is loaded with useless features marketed as latest 'must haves' and fail simple tasks.

I too have 20 odd years of PC experience and have worked thru all the hardware/software issues associated with MS OS's and am still using what I believe was the best and last incarnation of Windows .. XP Pro SP3 with support ending early in 2014. MS Office is also interesting . started out with MS Office Works which I upgraded to Office Pro 1997 and later to Office Pro 2002. I use Outlook, Word, Excel running a biz and the thought of how I will migrate all this seems daunting and the reason most folks hate MS.

Will have to my 'due diligence' as to where from here and realise next move will also require a major hardware upgrade and prob a few grand to continue doing what I am doing today.

Cheers ... tight stops.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.