BMN 3.54% $3.22 bannerman energy ltd

I think it...

1. 784 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    I think it is.

http://www.uraniuminvestingnews.com/2176/uranium-resource-competition-heats-up.html

Some comments worthy of note:

A look at India’s latest agreements with uranium-rich nations around the globe and China’s swooping up of yet another uranium miner paints a telling picture of the frantic race to secure long-term supplies for a new generation of nuclear power plants.

India has 17 operating reactors, six under construction and an additional 23 expected to begin production over the next decade. By 2030, the country may be producing as much as 60,000 megawatts of nuclear energy, according to government figures. The uranium produced from India’s Jaduguda mines in Jharkhand is not enough to satisfy even current demands and attempts to access uranium from other known Indian ore bodies are still in the early exploration phase.

It’s reported that India’s state-run Nuclear Power Corp is planning to spend over $1.2 billion to purchase equity in foreign uranium mines.

At present, China has 11 operating reactors, 16 in the works and 35 others planned over the next decade. The Asian nation is seeking to expand its nuclear capacity from the current 9 GW to 86 GW by 2020. To do this, it will need to rely on imports of foreign uranium as its domestic supply doesn’t even come close; hence, its aggressive campaign as of late to acquire uranium mines around the world.

Rather than forming agreements with uranium producing nations, China’s uranium supply securing strategy involves buying stakes in uranium mining firms.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.22
Change
0.110(3.54%)
Mkt cap ! $492.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.13 $3.25 $3.12 $2.225M 695.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50 $3.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.23 3084 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.