Is it possible.I'm not new to trading by any means I first...

1. 62 Posts.
    Is it possible.

I'm not new to trading by any means I first invested when I was 14, into ARG and BHP. Turned out those company's set the basis for what I thought would be a very successful trading career. How I have been wrong. Progressively over the years I have traded through my stockbroker, once I ventured out on my own but found it hard to pull the trigger on selling stocks that I thought had value however ended up worthless and a waste of time.
    At times I will not even look at the market for 6 months, then I will get back into it studying and reading about different companies, trying to understand charts and trends. I sell a few and buy a few. In 2007 I bought heavily into EBB and EBI, pending the crash of the market, unknown to myself I would lose it all. From +$4 to .cents. I stopped watching the market for a long time. It took 2 years to realise that I had lost everything, one day it just hit me. The story has happened to many I know, lost it all. Yet the market pulls you back, well in my case it does. I put some more money together, studied and made an educated attempt to see if I could hit the right stocks. My broker made some great calls and also some bad but the market is so volitile right now. So I say to myslef slow and steady be happy with taking profits and be willing to take losses on stocks that fall. (-10%)

I read the Daily Reackoning and assorted articles and there are always ad's saying how with a little training you can make a +200% return and so forth. I understand these are ad's and maybe a handfull for the people who sign up actually make those returns. Im interested to find out how many people actually make good returns on there investments. What is the average percent that people make over the course of there investing to date. Obviously on a few trades you could make 100% then on others take a 20% loss. What are peoples acceptable margins? Long term or short term, day trading or hold for 30 years? Is it possible to become a millionarie trading stocks, by starting small and working your way up? Has anyone personally done it?

I love reading posts on HotCopper I find I'm swayed one way or another on certain stocks that I follow. But as everyone says DYOR.

I've posted a few times asking everyone for more information on stocks that I would think should be acting a certain way but are not. The majority of time I receive no response as Im not injecting anything of benefit to others, I guess.

Ive read a few great books on Stock market Speculators and enjoy reading of other peoples story's. If you feel like writing back your more than welcome to. Prehaps share your story, help break up pressing the refresh button on the Latest Posts page like I do.

Thanks Everyone for reading

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.