WAM 0.34% $1.49 wam capital limited

Is it the end of the Listed Investment Company?, page-78

1. 3,455 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 159
    show me the top stocks in MA1, NAC, NCC, TOP, .... monthly reports make no mention, except some of them quote a handful of "contributors".
    some others such as WIC, EGI, OZG, show top 10 , but never the top 20 or 25 like AFI, ARG, MLT, WLE etc do
    WIC portfolio top 10 includes Australis Oil & gas, West African resources, Emeco, Western Areas,
    Sandfire, MacMahon, Finbar, Orecorp .....yep safe secure blue chips with reliable dividends.....no surprises there is a discount.
    yes the underlying portfolio has performed very well in a resources boom, but what happens to small cap miners and their dividends in the inevitable
    next resources crash ? not a LIC which most people would be attracted to as a large holding in their SMSF.
    by the way, the latest WIC report states the share price is only a 7% discount to NTA lately, not 15%.
    TGG is at a discount because the portfolio has underperformed the market for an eternity ( same as the unlisted version )
    so why would investors choose it for global exposure instead of MGG, MGE, MFF , as Magellan and MFF ( offshoot from Magellan )
    have performed very well for over a decade.
    Pengana also does not impress as a global stockpicker. PIA has returned 9% p.a over past 5 yrs versus 13% p.a for the index
    and 16% p.a in the Magellan global unlisted fund.
    why would I choose PIA or TGG over a Magellan fund or MFF which as well as much better portfolio performance have
    far better market liquidity ?
    it's true that past performance is not always a reliable indicator of future performance, but do you bet on a horse that
    has won lots of races or one that has often finished last ? the racing industry handicaps winners with weights,
    whilst the market handicaps LICs it perceives as losers with discounts to NTA.
    I don't make these rules but it's too hard to fight the market.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.49
Change
0.005(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $1.653B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.49 $1.49 $1.48 $921.4K 619.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8529 $1.49

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.49 249617 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.49
  Change
0.005 ( 0.34 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.49 $1.49 $1.48 302922
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
WAM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.