WAM 1.01% $1.51 wam capital limited

show me the top stocks in MA1, NAC, NCC, TOP, .... monthly...

1. 3,432 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 158
    show me the top stocks in MA1, NAC, NCC, TOP, .... monthly reports make no mention, except some of them quote a handful of "contributors".
    some others such as WIC, EGI, OZG, show top 10 , but never the top 20 or 25 like AFI, ARG, MLT, WLE etc do
    WIC portfolio top 10 includes Australis Oil & gas, West African resources, Emeco, Western Areas,
    Sandfire, MacMahon, Finbar, Orecorp .....yep safe secure blue chips with reliable dividends.....no surprises there is a discount.
    yes the underlying portfolio has performed very well in a resources boom, but what happens to small cap miners and their dividends in the inevitable
    next resources crash ? not a LIC which most people would be attracted to as a large holding in their SMSF.
    by the way, the latest WIC report states the share price is only a 7% discount to NTA lately, not 15%.
    TGG is at a discount because the portfolio has underperformed the market for an eternity ( same as the unlisted version )
    so why would investors choose it for global exposure instead of MGG, MGE, MFF , as Magellan and MFF ( offshoot from Magellan )
    have performed very well for over a decade.
    Pengana also does not impress as a global stockpicker. PIA has returned 9% p.a over past 5 yrs versus 13% p.a for the index
    and 16% p.a in the Magellan global unlisted fund.
    why would I choose PIA or TGG over a Magellan fund or MFF which as well as much better portfolio performance have
    far better market liquidity ?
    it's true that past performance is not always a reliable indicator of future performance, but do you bet on a horse that
    has won lots of races or one that has often finished last ? the racing industry handicaps winners with weights,
    whilst the market handicaps LICs it perceives as losers with discounts to NTA.
    I don't make these rules but it's too hard to fight the market.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.51
Change
0.015(1.01%)
Mkt cap ! $1.666B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.50 $1.51 $1.49 $1.302M 872.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 16670 $1.49

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.51 18409 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.50
  Change
0.015 ( 0.51 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.50 $1.51 $1.49 531376
Last updated 15.59pm 25/04/2024 ?
WAM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.