QAN 0.33% $6.05 qantas airways limited

Hi WEBZONE10 you arr still the same after a year .i remember...

1. 726 Posts.
    Hi WEBZONE10
    you arr still the same after a year .i remember having this b777 vs the airbus380 with you a year ago, when the share price was in the high $1 marker.

What has your irish green pal done for you since than.
    NOT MUCH

I am going to tell you why the B777 a/c is better than the A380, First fuel burn= 2 engines are going to burn less fuel than 4 that you can't disagree on.
    Since fuel costs are your highest costs before labor,QF should start there.

Second talking about the B777
    If you have been in the Airline game like me for any time frame you have to understand that there is low season and high season and with a smaller plane config would work better in low and high season.
    High season the A/C will all ways be full and you can have a higher ticket price.(dollers coming in)
    same with low season the plane may push back with a 70% S.O.B but you still make a profit or at the very least breack even with that mission.

TALKING ABOUT THE A380
    no matter the season the capt can't simple suggest to run 2 enignes as Paxs load is low so you are going to get nailed with the fuel burn of a hard drinking A/C.
    that you can't get away from.

Second you are un-able to expect higher cost for the seat in the high season as you need to fill the plane to turn a profit,so you have to discount the seats .which hits you as a loss. (less money per-ticket coming in)

Please note since i last posted about your silly comment
    we have had WING CRACKS found do you have any knowable idea how much it costs to fix the wing crack issue. cost of having hangered for long time frame not hours but days possible 2weeks(No money coming in unless the enignes are burning and turning )
    The A380 wing crack thing is going to be a PR nightmere if somethink happens to a flight, let me tell you that.

Hay good luck with you shares and alan strong leader ship it seems to be doing the trick. haha

cheffy747

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.05
Change
0.020(0.33%)
Mkt cap ! $9.858B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.06 $6.07 $5.98 $21.32M 3.527M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17414 $6.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.06 36670 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.