AMP 0.79% $1.28 amp limited

Is it time to buy, page-74

1. 1,839 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 272
    We do not have a punitive damage judicial system in Australia, as mentioned on the class action thread. In short, if $1 is lost, generally only $1 is awarded, plus a possible costs order, and i believe the figure has already been quantified and restitution begun by AMP.

SelI, don't sell, buy, don't buy, i do not think retail holders/traders are going to determine the recovery, which i think is playing out as we speak and should get a nice kick along with the Life insurance arm sale. I think i read post-sale AMP will have ~$1.8b above the minimum reserve requirements, and that is on top of the ~$5.1b that is currently sitting on the sidelines, with only $2b allocated, for global real estate investments.

It looks like AMP is preparing for a post-sale investment spree as they remould themselves in a similar image to MQG (i am not making that comparison, but i may in 2-3 years time, post re-positioning finalisation, but a lot has to happen in between now and then).

I think the life insurance arm sale (minus the China business, which is retained) is the only cap on the share price. AMP has said they plan on investing in higher ROE investments going forward and that means AMP Capital and AMP Bank, both of which are quality, profitable businesses.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.28
Change
0.010(0.79%)
Mkt cap ! $3.324B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.27 $1.29 $1.27 $21.03M 16.45M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 391594 $1.28

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.29 196070 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.