Is it time to leave Australia?, page-11

1. 12,079 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1755
    Being retired and living in Australia full time isn't for me, I spend 20% of my time in Thailand. Bought a luxury beach front Condo in Thailand some 14 years ago for less than AUD$50,000, I just lock it up when I'm not there. Just imagine Body Corp fees that are just AUD$300 pa, the condos have 2 tennis courts, gym, swimming pool, sauna etc. Body Corp includes on site security 24 hours, cleaning and building maintenance. Its a holiday home in a fun paradise, catch the local transport for 10 baht ie AUD$0.30c. A Thai meal in a nice restaurant costs AUD$12 for 2 persons and that includes a few beers. Travelling around Thailand is cheap if you stay away from where all the tourists hang out, its even more enjoyable when using your own transport, diesel less than AUD$1/litre and my 4x4 rego is only AUD$300/year. Over the years I've driven more than 200,000 kms around SE Asia, so I've seen a lot and had some great adventures.
    Dare I say its far more fun retired like this than living full time in Australia, although I admit I always love coming home to Australia. However when I'm back in Australia it only takes a few months before I get itchy feet again and I can't wait to get away.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.