LSF 0.00% $2.98 l1 long short fund limited

is it time to windup the fund?

1. 445 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 396
    I took a small position today when it hit 84c. The selling seems to be driven more by poor long-term holders who just cannot take any more pain than any massive deterioration in NTA (although there has clearly been a significant drop).

I was in and out briefly last year on a trade and LSF is not one I am completely over - so I dont claim to have any answers. BUT - I was in the AMP China fund (AGF) which eventually attracted 2 activist shareholders who got the fund wound up. AGF was really good to me - but that's largely because I was buying in and out rather than holding. When they wound it up, it was a real bonus as the discount to NTA disappeared.

With LSF - against the current NTA - winding up could be a viable option to preserve capital and align shareholders' position with NTA. Not saying it's going to happen - but if there is not a turnaround in performance it is an option.

We've come off an amazing multi-year bull run where the fund lost money, into a savage crash where the fund appears to be still losing money. Maybe now is simply not a great time for a large leveraged fund (if there ever is). There is still a solid buffer between NTA and stock price and one way to exploit it is to wind the fund up for the benefit of shareholders.

Just floating it out there...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LSF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.98
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.854B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.98 $3.00 $2.96 $959.2K 321.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4388 $2.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.00 93014 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$2.99
  Change
0.000 ( 0.59 %)
Open High Low Volume
$2.97 $3.00 $2.97 36877
Last updated 15.48pm 03/05/2024 ?
LSF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.