ORG 3.48% $10.41 origin energy limited

is it too late to buy org, page-2

1. 431 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 264
    is it too late to buy ORG - depends why you are buying of course :)
    I've held ORG for 2 years since and have seen it fall below $11 in that time and recently rise steadily to about $15 or just under.

I think by Dec 2015, the price could almost double, but at least trend to $20, depending on how much hype there is in the market for the LNG plant on the east coast.

If nothing else, ORG has paid very consistent dividends, the profitability has slipped slightly over the last few years due to govt intervention in the power prices, but there has always been profit unlike other companies the market loves more.

If there are any troubles with the new LNG plant, this could affect profitability in the short term and make you wait for a big share price rise potentially to 2016/17.

I hate giving buy advice to friends because short term I am ALWAYS wrong and my friends by for short term, but long term my views tend to pan out and that's because I tend to look at long term fundamentals - ie management vision, integrity (as much as their can be in the capitalistic world), growth potential today, business opportunities, strategic thinking and whether the market has factored this in.

If I had the money I would personally buy another 20,000 shares in ORG. I wish I had the money. In my opinion its a very safe growth stock and unless the LNG plant blows up, will be a winner for many years with increasing dividends.

In hindsight, it would have been far more practical for me to have waited until now to buy up big instead of holding tying up lots of capital for so long :((

Good luck and I hope you win cause that implies I will too :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.41
Change
0.350(3.48%)
Mkt cap ! $17.93B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.17 $10.41 $10.14 $43.73M 4.242M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 25462 $10.34

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.41 12322 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ORG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.