BTA 0.00% 57.0¢ biota holdings limited

is it too late, page-8

1. 3,130 Posts.
    We know that the grant is awarded to biota's wholly owned subsidiary, Biota Scientific Management Pty Ltd, for the advanced development of laninamivir.

That means the money is for Biota company to be used for advancement of Lani in USA. It works like Biota is going to fund the trials in USA with its own money, just as DS funded the trials in Japan. The difference is that Biota's fund come from BARDA's grant. Hope I am right.

But the question now is, although the arrangement in Japan is that BTA gets 4% of the sales as royalty, how the Lani in ROW is going to be shared between BTA and DS. We need to know the contract arrangement. Some people said the arrangement would be the reverse of the one for Lani in Japan. But if the contract arrangement has not been set when they set the one for Lani in Japan, now DS may demand more favourable terms from BTA.

So, I hope DS is a more ethical company and does not turn hostile to BTA. Actually DS can also benefit from the direct commocialization of Lani in ROW, besides of the supposed 4% royalty, if BTA and DS can work closely.

Just my thoughts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.