BHP 0.70% $39.73 bhp group limited

is it true bhp was up 18 percent last night, page-11

1. 47,829 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Hi 50ftCat

Re; "Why would you think that Timothy Geithner as Treasury Secretary represents anything other than a contiuation of the status quo that has got the world to this point & has then demonstrated it's power to punish any non-compliance by the US Gov (failure to bail-out Lehmann Bros).
    The Fed Reserve, or more precisely the people who own the Fed Reserve are the problem, not the answer."

In other posts I have queried the US Fed [past & current] as well as our own RBA - I long for the collective removal of those who got operational & policy matters so wrong. It gives me little joy to read reports such as that on The Age website today - IMO absolutely pathetic from someone who will now smugly shirk responsibility:
    "Business ignores RBA plea" - Peter Martin - November 22, 2008.

"..AUSTRALIAN businesses are flatly rejecting pleas from the Reserve Bank to continue spending in the face of economic downturn, with many saying they'll have to "pull in their horns" to survive.
    The bank's governor, Glenn Stevens, this week pleaded with businesses, markets and commentators to look beyond "the gloomy talk that's around" and focus on the long term. ..."

http://www.theage.com.au/national/business-ignores-rba-plea-20081121-6e4v.html

My views of Obama's predicted nomination matter nought, the apparent positive market response in the US however & as covered in the media reports I listed in that earlier post suggest the winds may be changing.

4YIO - NFA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$39.73
Change
-0.280(0.70%)
Mkt cap ! $201.4B
Open High Low Value Volume
$39.90 $40.05 $39.61 $245.1M 6.156M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3989 $39.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$39.75 8637 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.