Is it Woke to care about women?, page-152

1. 18,354 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    misanthropic women are the ones that look for abusive partners?
    are you actually serious? Do you know what you are writing

so women who hate men look for a man to abuse them?

I can scarcely believe I am reading this comment

for a man who started a thread - and has started other threads on this same topic of family violence - all you have done is confirm my thoughts that you seem increasingly like a man who is right into virtue signalling

add that to the dismissal of a females lived experience while supposedly empathising with a man’s experience, lecturing me on empathy, and then telling me that your experiences and views are as valid as my own - well you’ve done a fine job of another emotive response

of course your views of lived experience are valid. And if you acknowledge that we may all have different views then leave off getting huffy when I disagree with you. I am not the one who needs reminding that people have different views or difficulty in accepting that.

My views are not simply informed by my own experience however. I worked in the family violence sector for sometime and was exposed to formal research, different models of response, and plenty of exposure to the mind sets and attitudes of perpetrators

kindly remember - you are aware that starting a sentence like that is both patronising and an attempt to belittle. I don’t think you are quite aware of how patronising you regularly sound nor of how very obvious it is when you have an emotional response to something I have written - when I disagree with you

try Plato’s view on virtue maybe for your afternoon reading

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.