Is it Woke to care about women?, page-186

1. 18,354 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    . 'I’m not being combative. Im not trying to belittle you.

That’s your response to me pointing out what you said. It’s weird to me that you are arguing you meant something other then what you wrote or that I have misread something

i responded to the exact words you used and you told me i was wrong. Isn’t that you being combative

how on earth am i meant to know to read something other than the way you wrote it.

That you are now telling me I am having a semantic argument and trying to suggest I have a particular motive in doing so that I don’t have is you trying to somehow get out of this by turning it on me

why are you doing that? Why can’t you just acknowledge you wrote something, I responded to exactly what you wrote and leave it at that?

you cant can you?

instead it has to be me that couldn’t read your mind?

semantics matter. Words matter. They have particular meanings and you cannot expect people to assume they mean something else. Lewis Carroll clearly knew about this problem when he gave Humpty Dumpty his famous lines

'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.