your post has troubled me since I wrote my earlier response so...

1. 18,116 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    your post has troubled me since I wrote my earlier response so I’m hoping that you might temporarily drop your view that I’m being combative and help me

if we go back to the post of yours that started this off was it actually unreasonable of me to respond as if it was me that you were talking about given you had referred to me by name and used the word you ?

and I’m not asking if I misunderstood just whether it was not unreasonable to read it as I did?

if it was reasonable - why did you then tell me I had misunderstood

when I came back after your following post and said - but this is what you wrote - was it reasonable for me to say that?

if it was reasonable couldn’t you have just said yes I see how you could have read it that way

and if you think I shouldn’t have read your words as they were written what should I have done.

I really don’t get it. I really don’t understand- as I don’t with ratbag - why I am accused of misreading or misunderstanding something that is plainly written

I don’t mind if you can show me how I saw words that were different from what was on the page you wrote. I don’t mind if there was a real alternative meaning based on those words and I don’t mind if I was plain downright wrong.

I probably don’t mind if you can explain to me your own reaction to me so that i understand how it made you feel. I do mind if you project whatever was going on for you onto me

what I also mind is being impugned with emotions I do not feel, actions I have not taken and the two of you avoiding rereading what you actually wrote and then reflecting on it

maybe most people don’t read as carefully as I do. I have been trained this way. I have written legal documents, I’ve had to apply them. I’ve written for people where exactitude matters. My degree is in language based study and i understand the subtleties because if you translate incorrectly and fail to get the sentiment it matters I didn’t realise until I started writing on hotcopper that was a problem.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.