“The report found the government didn’t just need to include...

1. 9,930 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26517
    “The report found the government didn’t just need to include victims, but perpetrators as part of the solution.

"Governments must consider how to engage with people who have used violence, including those from diverse populations to inform improved interventions," the report said.

It also said governments needed to support efforts to redefine masculinity and engage men in the discussion.

"Men must be part of every aspect of ending violence," it said.”

I have no answers but if you take the above statement and the claimed need to change men how do Governments that over the last at least 30 years had solid evidence that men playing contact sports suffering concussions and consuming alcohol to excess will lead to varying levels of brain damage engage in the following activities:

1. Promoting and subsidising through public schools and sports high schools the playing of contact sports by females;

2. Promoting and subsidising through the Australian Sports Commission females engaging in the sport of boxing;

3. Permitting the advertising of females downing a cold beer from a can or bottle after engaging in physical activity;

4. Permitting the advertising of females drinking beer shoulder to shoulder with males and cheering on the violence that underpins State of Origin footy played by both male and female athletes;

5. Using predominantly females in Defence Force recruiting adds.

It is very difficult to iron out the inconsistencies and understand where our leaders are taking us.

It is also difficult to rationalise the following claims:

1. Aboriginals walked overland to Australia tens of thousands of years ago looking for somewhere to live.

2. Some of these now Aboriginal’s set up camp in what is now New Guinea.

3. Domestic violence in Australia amongst Aboriginals is said to be a product of generational trauma caused by colonialism.

4. The United Nations has for decades been attempting to reduce the rate of domestic violence in Papua New Guinea and say in their many reports that the problem is virtually intractable because of long standing cultural issues around the status of women and children.

5. Early observations of the colonial invaders which were committed to writing but are now discredited by Academics as they were written from a White perspective described horrific treatment of Aboriginal women and children by Aboriginal men before they suffered generational trauma.

6. I have not seen the 2024 figures but in every previous year more men were the victim of homicide than females but this was never considered an issue requiring a special minister of state or a commission of inquiry.

As I say I have no answers but am convinced that none of my betters have a clue either.

FF.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.