Mr Gordon, Christology has been the main source of heresy since...

1. RM
    7,438 Posts.
    Mr Gordon, Christology has been the main source of heresy since the second and third century onwards infact this is the reason we halve Islam in the form we see it today.

it was a very Hellenistic view to separate the soul from the body as well as de compartmentalising the nature of God. The idea of separation was foreign to the eastern or Jewish mind. Keep that in mind when you study a belief system many of these heresies came from a Hellenic view that clashed with biblical concepts.

To study Christology certain concepts become very critical in forming your view.

The study of the claim of 'I am' was quite deliberate by Jesus he new the first century Jews would have now doubt what he meant.

The other important area of study is the consistency of the treatment of the level of Christology throughout the bible.

The high level of Christology found in the bible if you study the translation into Koine Greek it is quite sloppy but it translates into Aramaic seamlessly. If you have the resources you will discover that the texts that support a high Christology are from the most earliest of the scriptural writings and are consistent throughout the bible.

For myself I have no doubt in my mind from an academic and spiritual study that Jesus is God.

Regards RM

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.