KCN 3.27% $1.63 kingsgate consolidated limited.

The short answer is YES, in my humble opinion. It attracted my...

1. 1,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 433
    The short answer is YES, in my humble opinion.
    It attracted my attention few weeks ago when it got to 27c, but was not keen to jump in.
    I got in at 36 and 37c when it became apparent that the market has started re-rating the company based on facts:

-The company is debt-free with A$22m in cash as of June 2017.
    -There is a sum of $295 million of taxable losses (unrecognised tax asset of $89 million) to be carried forward to future years.
    -The current negotiations with the Thai government will result in the followings:
    approval of the licence to operate the Chatree mine, coinciding with gold price around $1300 / $1400 by year end or 2018, worst case scenario, $1250 according to Goldman Sachs. It does offer a nice margin with ASIC below $1000.
    -Some incentives in the form of compensation, soft loan with low interest to help re-opening the mine or deferring the royalty fees for few years.
    -If the Thai government (which is less likely) does not offer the operating licence, KCN will definitely win the court case against Zurich Australia Insurance group-------------- $200m will not only get the share price above $1, but will help the company to fund the Neuva Esperanza fully without debt, adding more to the value of the share price and more buy back.

The share buy back announcement of 10% was a smart move to boost the market confidence that the company is anticipating to get money from either compensation by the Insurance or Thai government or future cashflow from operating Chatree mine. It also signals no plan for capital raise. I bet it will also be from sale of part of Neuva Esperanza mine.

I like the wording from the company announcement when it said:
    KCN is inundated with expression of interests from investors in Neuva Esperanza.

Whether it is for short term or long term, I believe KCN is a good company to be in.

Not an investment advise, but expressing my thoughts.

Cheers,

Sydney

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KCN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.63
Change
-0.055(3.27%)
Mkt cap ! $418.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.66 $1.67 $1.63 $376.3K 229.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10338 $1.63

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.64 51400 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KCN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.