EGR 14.3% 12.0¢ ecograf limited

If you mean the inbilty for the grid to charge EV's I actually...

1. 733 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    If you mean the inbilty for the grid to charge EV's I actually asked on a few different forums. Answers were the same, yet the biggest for me was the utter denial that it will take 20 mins to get a tesla to 50% charge. Then they only travel 400k on a full charge.
    Imagine having to stop your trip for 5 to 6 hours while you wait to recharge your vehicle. Remember at peak times you will wait 15 mins at a petrol station to refill with 2 to 3 cars in front. Imagine if each of those vehicles took 20 mins to get 50% full. Then imagine there was only 8 charging stations between Sydney and Brisbane? Then consider what that charging station, would charge you to take up space while you recharged? That would be a business that wants to make money, its not going to be free......... How much better will the EV car look then?
    With electricity prices continuing to soar, then the whole system will need to be upgraded to support EV charging, when its all said and done it ill probably be the same price to run an ev as to run a petrol guzzler??? Interesting times eh?

As a "joke", my Chev dealer gave me a Volt as a loaner while my full-size pick-up was getting some attention. He thought it was funny to give his energy company CEO this thing here on Vancouver Island! I live 30 kms outside of Victoria near Sidney.

The battery was dead - later he admitted they almost never charged it. While the car was "ok", on gasoline, it was pretty anemic. So for the extra money, even taking into account Chev rebates and Provincial incentives, you get an under-powered, heavy car that felt "too small" for its actual size (battery has to go somewhere).

Now the kicker: at a neighborhood bbq, I was talking to a Neighbour, a BC Hydro executive. I asked him how that renewable thing was doing. He laughed, then got serious. If you really intend to adopt electric vehicles, he pointed out, you had to face certain realities. For example, a home charging system for a Tesla requires 75 amp service.

The average house is equipped with 100 amp service. On our small street (approx 25 homes), the electrical infrastructure would be unable to carry more than 3 houses with a single Tesla, each. For even half the homes to have electric vehicles, the system would be wildly over-loaded.

This is the elephant in the room with electric vehicles ... Our residential infrastructure cannot bear the load. So as our genius elected officials ram this nonsense down our collective throats, not only are we being forced to buy the damn things and replace our reliable, cheap generating systems with expensive, new windmills and solar cells, but we will also have to renovate our entire delivery system! This latter "investment" will not be revealed until we're so far down this dead end road that it will be presented with an oops and a shrug.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
0.015(14.3%)
Mkt cap ! $54.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 12.0¢ 10.5¢ $85.61K 760.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50000 11.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.0¢ 24094 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.