NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

is lihir island an earthquake risk, page-12

1. 744 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Timoshev... I know all about the Wellington risk - I lived there for 15 years, and after enduring a decent shake one day at work on Level 17 of a new building, I was none too impressed with my building swaying in the opposite direction to the building next to mine... It was about 6 months after that, I decided to take my brown undies and head for Melbourne!!!

As I said in my earlier post, risk can be mitigated - I mitigated my personal risk by leaving Wgtn, and I'm mitigating my NCM risk with put options for the short term... I'm currently deciding how I'll mitigate my longer term NCM risk...

Telfer, Cadia, Cracow etc - Australia - minimal earthquake risk (but Julia risk)
    Lihir - PNG - earthquake risk
    Gosowong - Indonesia - earthquake risk
    Bonikro - Ivory Coast - political risk, minimal earthquake risk

If I was honest about assessing those risks, I probably should be most concerned about the Julia risk!! Especially given that the green tail is wagging the red dog!!

Let's face it, she wants to slug industry with her "save the world" carbon tax, and if she ever gets a decent mandate, she'll be back at the trough having another look at the resources tax...

(oh dear... I can feel a rant coming on... Give me a second while I clamber up onto the soap box)

while we speak she is probably dreaming up another spurious tax to slam any person, or any company who is remotely successful.

But I guess us greedy capitalists - i.e. people who get of our backside to work hard, create businesses and invest wisely so that we can prosper and advance ourselves and our families should be punished - oops I mean taxed, so that we can carry the burden of the layabouts and losers - or worse, the parasitic, leeching, politicians and bureaucrats!!

It really shites me that when I risk my hard earned money to invest in a company that is creating jobs and industries, I get no credit for my input into our society, or for my part in providing capital to advance Australia - instead I get punished if I win via a punitive tax system, and if I lose I get no handout or help, I just get a begrudged tax lose offset from my masters!

My ancestors fought hard to release themselves from the servitude and serfdom to Kings & Queens, and now hundreds of years on, we are stuck with a quasi-Royal liberal or labour machine that makes the Kings of old look fair and generous!!

In conclusion to my rant, I just want to commend Julia on her use of taxpayers funds to fly to America and give that heart-rendering, knob polishing, sycophantic address to Congress! I think she said all the things that Menzies forgot to say to America many years ago when he offered up Australian troops lives, to go off to fight in Vietnam.

Thanks Julia, thanks for giving Americans the impression that all Australians are as stupid as American voters by slapping America on the back for all the horrible things they have done in the world over many years. I imagine Australians will not be welcome in Cuba, Chile, Brazil, heck - all of South America & Middle America, not to mention most of Asia, all of Eurasia, the Middle East, a good portion of Africa and half of Europe (you know, the bad part who used to wear a lot of red).

Not a bad effort from a de facto leader who has not yet been formally endorsed by a majority of the voting public. I never liked John Howard or Kevin Rudd, but I had to tolerate them as they were democratically elected leaders.

Okay, rant over... the soap box is now free!!!

Cheers... Marwoode
    p.s. SSB - you are right about a lot of resources being in dodgy areas!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.