is lying to children ok?, page-19

1. RM
    7,428 Posts.
    Nine lives makes a good point in the defence of Christianity regarding myth.

The gospels of the New Testament of Matthew Mark Luke and john are historical records that bare witness to the claims of Christianity.

Being four separate historical documents that were all completed within seventy years after the event you can subject them to analysis like one would of any such historical documents.

The wealth of manuscript evidence is more extensive than any book from antiquity considering we have the first meaningful biographies of Alexander the Great first appearing only after three hundred years after his death.

But evidence for God, there is a bit but one of my favourites is moral absolutes. If there was no mind prior to the human mind than morality is subjective...it is man made. If morality is subjective then to remain intellectually consistent as an atheist one can never use the words 'should not' or 'aught not' to do something.

There is more evidence leaning support to a creator such as the universe not being eternal, the fact it had a beginning thus required a cause. Evidence found in science that life comes from life and not non life also considerations such as the anthropic principle and this is only some of the evidence.

Maybe the question being raised is not there is NO evidence for God but I cannot accept the evidence there is for a creator?

But if there is no god and we are all just potential fertilizers currently in a warm mobile form brought about by some lucky cosmic roulette wheel of chance.

then I suppose anything goes as life is ultimately meaningless.

So tell the kid the truth, slit the kids throat, or buy a surprise gift toy...doesn't really matter ultimately what you choose to do.

This the bleak reality of atheism.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.