is lying to children ok?, page-20

1. 2,790 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 98
    AbsaBloodyDefinitely cracking post Nine lives.

Loved your conclusion too,

"Now after all of that let me say that in 500 years time it could be proven that M theory, String theory, Schrodinger's cat, the big bang, interdimensional beings and the illusion of time are all nothing more than the biggest load of pseudo scientific bunkum ever thought up. But for our generation that is not the point. The point is that we are evolving. The old religious metaphors are passing away but the eternal transcendent truths will just not go away and have quietly slipped their way into our new mythologies.

I think the moral of the story is not to get too tied up the metaphors as a full and literal explanation for everything but rather we should be as children and simply become lost and in awe of the eternal mysteries."

Don't know about you or others, but I reckon you have touched upon what makes life worth living.
    By that I mean the mystery,the evolving Human journey, and the part each of us has in this greeat Cosmic Odyssey.
    Another way of putting it in relation to myth and metaphor,is that a story can be helpful without being true.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.