LYC 1.30% $7.61 lynas rare earths limited

is lynas capable of residue disposal?, page-17

1. 243 Posts.
    Waste exportation is one of the issues weighing on share price. Can Lynas economically export thousands of tons of road base? Haven’t seen anyone attempting to quantify that cost and how it will affect earnings. I wager nowhere in the world is common road base exported to another country because of expensive shipping costs.

Instead of buying and hauling in material to mix with and dilute (perhaps 10-1) Lynas residue which then has to be exported we should look for another solution.

Suggestion… buy the Ucore (underground to be) mine in Alaska. They have abundance of heavy REE and proven technology to segregate heavies (but not refine them) at the mine. Ucore will place their residues back into the underground mine. Lynas would not have to dilute their residue; they could ship it to Ucore for disposal underground. Lynas would gain a fantastic heavy REE mine, the technology to segregate heavies at the mine and use that technology at Duncan. Lynas could toll both the Ucore heavies along with Duncan’s (as they plan to do with LAMP heavies anyway) and corner the market for Heavy REE outside China. Sp would rise significantly. Alaska is supportive and eager to get Ucore mining.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.