LYC 1.30% $7.61 lynas rare earths limited

Mixing 1 part of Lynas WLP material to 9 parts of road sub base...

1. 243 Posts.
    Mixing 1 part of Lynas WLP material to 9 parts of road sub base material (read goof’s link) and exporting it will not be inexpensive. If ore import transportation costs are estimated at 9 or 10% of Lynas’ total costs, what will export cost be for exporting 10 times that amount? Hopefully, the export will be a much shorter trip than import but more cost will affect earnings. Money from selling road base is a wash because they will have to purchase material to mix with WLP before exporting the result out of Malaysia.

Surely every Lynas shareholder was well aware that Lynas got the TOL after (and probably because) they agreed to export this material but now it seems as if some are surprised.

Lynas agreeing to export residue would moot consideration of a PDF, IMO. At least they won’t have that expense. There will be nothing to deposit in a PDF if residue is exported.

Lynas should buy Ucore before Moly does. They would not have to dilute any material; they could dispose of it at the Ucore mine same as Ucore plans to do with Alaska backing them. Also, Lynas would acquire the technology to segregate heavies at the mine and could use it at Duncan.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.61
Change
-0.100(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $7.113B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.65 $7.65 $7.49 $13.50M 1.778M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 10000 $7.57

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.61 6808 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.