CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

is m&g the seller ?

1. 74 Posts.
    Assuming that CDU is loaded with cash now, I guess that the biggest shareholder after WM will have to buy in the market. To get any more stock. I assume that WM meant that any further capital raising's if needed will come from shareholders.
    I cannot believe that M & G are not buying in this market. I have a theory that with the bad decision of M & G investing so much in OZL which is under water, that now that they cannot get a placement to increase their holdings that M & G will bail. I figured that M & G are underwater $$$$ by about $100m in OZL.
    It seems to me that M & G increased their holdings in OZL instead of CDU. This in my opinion was a fatal decision. M & G had the opportunity of a lifetime and should have been accumulating during the slowdown in the market, but NO, or at least no notices have come from them saying they are increasing their holdings in CDU.
    My bet is that we will see a notice of M & G selling down in CDU because its the only thing they have a profit in, especially in this market. It does go to show that as big as these guys are, they can never pick the right horse. I reckon when they read in the last announcement, No plans for capital raising, the wind fell out of their sail.
    To be honest I don't know why CDU chose these guys on in the first place, sure they are big and have plenty of money $$$, but they cant see the forest from the trees sometimes.
    I am also predicting that M & G have been the sellers for the past week, trying to give WM a message. Unfortunately CDU, is a company that doesn't get pushed around as history has proven. I think this was also the case when Xstrata purchased EXCO instead of CDU, there is no question which company they wanted but it obviously wasn't up to the mark that the CDU board wanted.
    As I see it CDU has just done a deal with Oceanwide for 19.9% of CDU for $130m. That values CDU at $130m x 5 (20%) or $650m. I say, don't be surprised if M & G bail and that they have been the sellers for the last week. This is the way these guys operate especially if they dont get things their way. There is no way that ordinary shareholders would sell at these prices. This is my opinion, so don't bank on it, but Im never far off the mark, because I think using my "deductions" from experience, not my heart and I know its not real shareholders selling CDU. Im betting its M&G I hope WM has a backup plan if this is indeed the case.

Ikey Moses

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.