is mr abbott a liar?, page-80

1. 6,581 Posts.
    Politicians are no better than the rest of us and in a lot of cases worse. If we had a true democracy not one of the present crop would even get close to being elected. We have a 2 party system that most reasonable people would not denigrate themselves to join.

Anyway, I was in marketing - talk about lying. When was the last time you bought a used car? Spoke to a real estate agent? Farted on a train and blamed the person next to you? Lying's what we do best.

The previous governments lies were unforgivable because they were in government, knew the state of play and had no excuse. No opposition can ever hope to know the full story. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing to do with politics what-so-ever, but, having to pork-barrel and make so many promises to get elected is always going to bring your credibility undone. They promise stuff because that's how the game works.

The real problems start when they don't make the right decisions when they have the books, regardless of whatever BS was spun during the election carnival.

The biggest problem in this country is the staggering amounts of money going out to retired pollies and senior public servants. I don't care if Abbot breaks a bunch of promises as long as he has the kahunas to do something about these parasites. While we're at it, lets not name any more things after these dopes. No more suburbs or buildings or streets.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.