if he drinks every day he is an alcoholic. up until a couple of...

1. 30,037 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    if he drinks every day he is an alcoholic. up until a couple of years ago 4 standard drinks a day for a male was considered acceptable if you had a couple of days off each week.

now it's 2 standards a day if you want to keep in good with the doctors.

i drink more than i should but not over the top very often a funtioning alcaholic i would say. most of my friends fall into this catogorey as well. we all make life choices some good some bad. if his family have a history of liver/kidney problems get him to have a few tests.

just remember that if it becomes an all consuming passion of yours to get him off the plonk strap in for a bumpy ride. most blokes/people don't like to be told they have a problem.

diabetes is the one you should tell him about as they have some good photos of legs feet and toes that would make you sick. my father just had his 3rd toe chopped but by the sounds of it your hubbie would need to lift his intake dramatically to catch up to my dads level of abuse..

good luck and don't let him join the hash house harriers(drinking club with a running problem)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.