Hi MazwegianI was reluctant to give my thoughts, but you have...

1. 1,859 Posts.
    Hi Mazwegian

I was reluctant to give my thoughts, but you have asked for help, obviously you see a problem, there is no easy answer, so my 2 bobs worth......

It's hard to say if your husband has a drinking problem, I would say he does if, in 13 years he has had 14 days free of alcohol. I assume you are in your 40's

I went to AA meetings in Costa Rica after a stoke. A couple of friends were alcoholics and invited me along to the meetings, just as part of my recovery, not because they thought I had a problem with alcohol . It was interesting listening to their (the group) stories, one thing every one had in common, they could not stop drinking or seek help until they admitted to themselves they were alcoholics or had a problem with alcohol.

I drink a bit, but I can go off it for 1 day, a week, I don't crave a drink. I might have one glass or four, sometimes I get half way through a glass and cannot take another mouthful, lucky me I guess. But I do love my wine.

I don't know how you tackle this, obviously you have at various times, so I guess the “bottle is in his cellar” he has to see the problem himself, if he has one of course.

For both of you, I hope the issue is resolved soon.

Dtrad

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.