ORG 0.46% $10.83 origin energy limited

You would think that a few people are running the ruler over...

1. 348 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 83
    You would think that a few people are running the ruler over Origin and have been for a while now. Firstly I am still very sure that Frank has had the likes of Macquarie look at ways to add more shareholder value by splitting the company into say, Retail, APLNG and Exporation (Beetaloo and its long term potential seems to be forgotten about). I am only guessing but I am thinking he and the board have been waiting for a strong uptick in the oil price for this to happen. By waiting they are hoping to ensure that if APLNG is split from the company then it would a highly sort after piece of the Origin pie.If they wait too long then someone else will force the issue. If Origin, through the likes of Macquarie, are not then you have to think that other companies are.

I am also mindful that Australian Super now has just over 10% ownership of Origin's share register. So they have gone long in Energy and Origin or short for a quick profit. They are either thinking that with the rebound in oil that there will be a good capital increase in the share price and if so a big increase in the dividend well into the future. Or they maybe also be thinking that it will eventually become a take over target and give them a quick profit by handing over their large parcel to has Origin in their take over sights. This is only in my option though but logically makes sense.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.83
Change
0.050(0.46%)
Mkt cap ! $18.65B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.71 $10.89 $10.68 $30.72M 2.838M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 3759 $10.81

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.84 32114 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ORG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.