Is patriotism hate speech?, page-48

1. 2,461 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 331
    My views aren't on the line, Scott. I never said my views were anything. I am only posting to this thread because you made the (imho very inaccurate) characterisation of your political bent as "neither left nor right". It's crystal clear that you have heavily supported most Labor Government policy objectives, even if you don't always give them full marks. That is a long way from being "neither left nor right". In my opinion you are hard left. I'm not sure why you would balk at accepting that, it's not as though you're trying to protect an apparent position of neutrality in your offerings. In any event, my own positions are irrelevant to this discussion, because I never characterised my own positions as anything, much less something inaccurate.

I do think you might be conflating independence with neutrality though. As aforementioned I'm happy to accept you're independent, but my brief of evidence is very, very long on your leaning.

I will definitely give you nuclear. As poorly handled as it has been, you have been a supporter of nuclear energy. But that doesn't really balance you up does it?

@pintohoo, I understand what you are asking, but I don't come onto Hot Copper to broadcast my political opinions independently. I have only ever started one political thread (in any forum) on Hot Copper and it was for an issue I hadn't seen. I only post on these threads when I take factual exception to things people say. If you'd like to state a policy position in particular that you hold, I'd be happy to tell you what I think of it, and why. But it doesn't serve me much to argue the moral position of my own opinions, I try (failingly) to restrict my observations to facts.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.