PTM 3.26% $1.04 platinum asset management limited

Is Platinum the worst international fund manager in Australia?

1. 3,367 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 444
    Noting Platinum's flagship fund has not just underperformed its relevant benchmark for the last 10 years, but been utterly obliterated, is it safe to say they are the worst performing international manger In Australia? Well, worst performing for a fund manager still trying to live off their previous "good old days" with Kerr at the helm.

Before the obligatory response of they are "value" investors, and struggled to compete with the ongoing dominance of growth stocks - is this enough to justify over a decade of well... crap. Perhaps its the Asian tilt away from US stocks that is the cause?

Overall, I am interested to know the basis of investing in a manager that continues to suffer outflows as a result of... crap performance. Or is it because like the rest of the investment community, there is still sense of amazement that everyone hasn't redeemed their units and invested in a cheap index fund and doubled their money.

I am assuming, judging form some of the comments on here, there will be a parochial bunch of ardent Platinum followers. Ironically, I never seem to meet the same kind of people when interacting with those who are actually invested in their funds. Strange that.

Look forward to the next decade of excuses.
    Last edited by cutty: 27/09/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.04
Change
-0.035(3.26%)
Mkt cap ! $605.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.08 $1.08 $1.04 $1.985M 1.892M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 75931 $1.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.04 6298 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.