PLL 0.00% 14.5¢ piedmont lithium inc.

Hmmm, the Oopsie Daisy seems to think the (current) NPV, is a...

1. 3,214 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 951
    Hmmm, the Oopsie Daisy seems to think the (current) NPV, is a negative, whereas this article thinks its a positive:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/7-growth-stocks-undaunted-time-203919308.html

Personally, I'm very interested in what the DFS NPV will be, with a revised mineral resource, and current prices. Then you factor in the potential from Sayona, NAL, and also - I have to note, the area is highly prospective for tin, and I'm wondering if they'll get an approach on that angle also... - and then let's talk NPV, for this MVP.

Piedmont Lithium (PLL)

an electric car plugged in for charging, representing electric car stocks
    an electric car plugged in for charging, representing electric car stocks

Source: buffaloboy / Shutterstock.com

PLL stock has surged over 600% in the past year and the rally has sustained with the stock hitting all-time-highs. Despite a recent dip in the stock, the rally can be explained by the fact that Piedmont Lithium is an emerging lithium chemicals company.

Estimates suggest that global lithium demand will more than double by 2024, backed by strong growth in the electric vehicle (EV) industry. A multi-year bull market for the EV industry also implies sustained demand for lithium.

Specifically, Piedmont Lithium is a supplier of lithium hydroxide, which is used in lithium-ion batteries. The company has a five-year binding agreement with Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA). The agreement is at a fixed price, with first shipment expected in 2022-23. Going forward, the agreement will provide the company with a clear revenue and cash flow visibility.

An important point to note is that the company estimates the net present value of the lithium chemical plant at $1.1 billion. Even after the big rally, PLL stock trades at a market capitalization of $846 million. Clearly, there seems to be more potential for upside even if there is some intermediate correction.

Piedmont Lithium is also looking at expansion projects and any positive development on that front would imply valuation re-rating. Overall, PLL stock is a good way to benefit from the electric vehicle boom.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $60.47M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 14.5¢ $110.5K 755.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 162978 14.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.0¢ 425048 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.18pm 02/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.