morning, personally - I really doubt if one would ever be able...

1. 80,732 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    morning,

personally - I really doubt if one would ever be able to get answers to your questions -- the truth would be the last thing that any gov. would want --- Lab. or Lib --

I think the facts would be downright scary.

Ditto inflation and cost of living etc. - no way would any gov. want the actual facts out there - which is why our system gives us just plain phony numbers - taking out the biggest costs of living - because they 'distort' things.

I remember several years back then the oil price went through the roof - again, the governments answer to this problem - which would have sent the inflation figures into the stratosphere -- was to just take the cost of energy out of the numbers - and, hey presto - look mum, no big deal

yeah - right --- except for the fact that the bloke at the service station had a different idea when you went to pay.

One thing you did mention -

"Turnbull is a smart cookie i know and far smarter than Tony Abbott ever was with his poor grasp of mathematics at the 2013 election where he promised no cuts and lower deficit while lowering taxes which he broke once elected and became a lier and unelectable."

I often think about smart and dumb politicians - - particularly when they become leaders.

Howard is a standout to me --

what a bloody waste -

he was smart enough to highly impress Alan Greenspan with his knowledge about how new technology effected productivity and the like --

but, then -- he runs the bloody country cutting down on education, research and development -- the very engine drivers of those new technologies - the nursery of the future

what an amazing waste of insight.

Abbott of course, doesn't have a clue - and, wanted education and R&D cut to - well, nothing if he could -

and, now Turnbull - who, I suspect does know what is really needed - but, is hampered by the idiots around him - and, of course, he is too weak to do anything about it.

IMO - unless we have the mother of all booms in the globe that can carry us along - 'again' -I think, this time we are stuffed -

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.