I disagree with your idea that everyone should be forced to look...

1. 10,434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 142
    I disagree with your idea that everyone should be forced to look for and 100% be engaged in work.

Something I thought young students should consider when considering a future career and for the unemployed to consider.

I recommend viewers read this article by
    Mike Cannon-Brookes warns Atlassian may move headquarters from Australia
    By Cara Waters13 March 2018 — 1:05pm

This article should give readers a good insight into what is going on in our economy now and how many people will lose their jobs and these people will never be employed again as before.

Our main problem as a country is we have too many Politicians and their parties living in the past horse and buggy days and can't see their policies won't save their equally backward voters.

In my opinion, government policies concentrate too much on trying to force unemployed people to chase jobs which are simply not available to them when some resources should be directed to encourage those with some entrepreneurial inclinations to do some extra research and attend small business courses and activities without punishing such inclinations. The Job Network providers are mainly a waste of time and money imo and should be disbanded.

They require the over 1 million unemployed to send out about 240 million job application emails per year which effectively jam up business email boxes they simply cannot reply to and a form of harassment supported by government policymakers. There has to be a better smarter cheaper method of giving most unemployed a holiday and some the time to start their own self employment businesses such as gardening rounds, hard rubbish removals, digital services or put their own passions into a few hours paid work which is a great way to.learn about what employers usually do to get work for their employees IE using various sales techniques etc

Our education system is skewed to people learning to be work servants instead of learning how to be self-reliant and using their skills to create their own incomes. Employers are not really praised by either government or unions for the employment services they provide to the workers who are unskilled in the most important of all skills being organisational and sales-marketing skills to sell their own skills. They rely on third parties like the thuggish Unions and Fairwork Commission to determine their worth to employers, but I expect numbers of retail employers to reduce over time due to businesses such as Amazon grow. Education departments should be teaching their student self-management skills, they should be teaching the Unions and their sons in ALP to start to praise and use better diplomatic skills when referring to employers who currently provide employment to all their members.

Discouraging employers will not help increase employment of those without self-management skills. Surely you can see that too tigmeister

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.