QBE 0.94% $16.08 qbe insurance group limited

is qbe a potential takeover target?, page-26

1. 3,808 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 576
    Hi BDZ,
    Lots of entertaining tooing and froing as usual i see :)

I for one would not like to see to much of QBE capital going into equities, not sure if you noticed but equities were a must have in 2007, eveyone was overweight equities and what happened to them a year later?
    As far as currency trading goes i'll leave that to the experts, like NAB maybe, how was it they did with thier currency trading?
    Oh yeah one of there traders lost them a cool $Billion.

I like the fact that they concentrate on what they know best, which is insurance and taking over other insurance companies who don't know insurance as well as they do.

Also if you go by Warren Buffetts investment principles he would NOT purchase Berkshire shares although he would probably buy QBE shares.

I do find it curious though for people who are convinced share prices are going down why they don't hold shorts?
    No dividend coming for several months so whats holding you back?

Would love to hear some peoples opinion on the chart with this one at the moment.
    For me i am still seeing the downtrend being broken and a reasonable base being built.

I personally see $18.50 as a target in the short term(2-4 weeks) and a possible test of $20 by christmas.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$16.08
Change
0.150(0.94%)
Mkt cap ! $24.15B
Open High Low Value Volume
$15.93 $16.16 $15.88 $60.39M 3.753M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3681 $16.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$16.09 18393 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.