RIO 0.04% $119.21 rio tinto limited

Is RIO already "nationalised"?

1. 10,437 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 142
    IS RIO ALREADY "NATIONALISED"?

I have been criticised on Hot Copper for suggesting on BHP Thread that BHP could be ripe for a takeover, with most suggesting the LNP would not let BHP be taken over.

So can the Federal Government, ASIC or ACCC have any legitimate reason to stop any takeover unless they want to send a signal they will nationalise BHP which is essentially what is being suggested they are prepared to do or have already done now with the signals Joe Hockey gave when the Chinese wanted to buy into Rio Tinto?

Are BHP & RIO already essentially "nationalised" without them officially having been taken over by the LNP Government? Are LNP really not the free enterprise party we all think they are?

My point is why buy into BHP or RIO as simple dividend stocks such as a debenture or other security which is essentially what many are really implying BHP &RIO shares are when there is no real Takeover upside?

This must give rise to creating a complacent Boards & management who individually believe their jobs are secure now the Robert Holmes a Court is long dead and BHP feel they can now play extra politics with the Greens movement so they can appear to be progressive and more popular. Hopefully, RIO doesn't follow BHP.

All comments welcomed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$119.21
Change
-0.050(0.04%)
Mkt cap ! $44.25B
Open High Low Value Volume
$119.64 $120.40 $119.20 $133.1M 1.113M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 1215 $119.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$119.28 1171 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.