re: no live data for quote? sorbent help? I do not think you can...

1. 235 Posts.
    re: no live data for quote? sorbent help? I do not think you can trade Australian stocks on Quotetracker, so I believe it is secure.

You can use the internet to access your on-line broker at the same time as you are using Quotetracker. It is useful to have more than one source of data to be sure your information is up to date. Sometimes the Commsec site which I use drops out so always keep an eye on the time of the latest quotes.
    I don't have any problem with the announcements on Quotetracker, nor do I have a problem with it slowing my computer down too much, although it consumes a lot of resources.
    I usually have a portfolio file open, together with course of trade and market depth on a selected stock. Updating every minute or so, depending on the efficiency of the source. Indices are updated every couple of minutes, and it monitors for announcements about every ten minutes. You can set your own time parameters.
    You can programme alerts for high/low prices, volume, trend line etc.
    Intra day charts are automatically generated by your own computer on stocks in the portfolio. They show sales, buy,sell, volume etc. Long term charts are available through BigCharts by putting "au:" before the ASX code.
    You can have a ticker running across the top of your screen, and I used to use this to cover the adverts which you expect to get from a free programme. But now I do not even notice the adverts.

Your computer has to be on line during the trading hours to get the best from the programme. If you are paying your ISP per megabyte monitor the amount you are using as it could become expensive.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.