TLS 1.39% $3.66 telstra group limited

Agreed -100%It is amazing the minister is taking about nation’s...

1. sgi
    50 Posts.
    Agreed -100%
    It is amazing the minister is taking about nation’s interest. What a joke. (http://www.theage.com.au/business/telstra-breakup-in-nations-interests-conroy-20091014-gxif.html)

If the current legislation gets passed in its current form, in my view, its implications in general are huge.
    I’m afraid, some big guys or mainstream media are missing the point by focusing too much on the movement of SP.

Just imagine, one day a government minister comes out saying that in order to improve the service of the financial service (I bet it will be one of the biggest nation’s interests) we are going reform the banking system. Subsequently, it puts forward a legislation debate for the establishment of a government backed bank with the promise of lower interest on loan, lower fees on service, etc. At the same time, it offers the existing private banks the option to join the “new bank” but with the conditions such as a forced structural change under the name of improving competitions. If you do not obey, the government will either force you to do it or limit your access to future ….. etc.
    Is this sort of government behaviour that we expect to see in a country like Australia???

PS: for me, I may just sell my small holding of TLS tomorrow.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.66
Change
0.050(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $42.28B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.60 $3.66 $3.60 $194.6M 52.89M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 106561 $3.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.66 1245826 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.